Dinidari Foundation through the Women Political Empowerment in Nigeria Project (supported by UN Women) seeks to work hand in hand with political parties to mitigate the low representation of women in political decision-making processes and adopting 35% affirmative action in political parties, by creating and adopting a gender-responsive work plan for political Parties and canvassing for the establishment of women’s wings in Political Parties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant
States: Kaduna and Plateau
Description of the assignment: Capacity Needs Assessment on the state of Women’s participation in political parties
Project name: Women Political Empowerment Project
Start date: As soon as possible
Type of employment: Contractual
Duty Station: Kaduna and Plateau
Undertake a capacity needs assessment on the state of women’s participation in political parties and propose strategic capacity development responses based on the Capacity Assessment Framework.
Develop a comprehensive capacity development project document which can enable Dinidari foundation to advance and accelerate the implementation of the project.
The consultancy service will be based in the state and aims to conduct capacity gap assessment of political parties to plan, implement, monitor and deliver key targeted interventions. In addition, the consultancy work is expected to develop a response strategy for the identified gaps but following a multi-layer, consultative and comprehensive approach.
In general, the consultancy is expected to perform the following major tasks;
– Conduct capacity needs assessment and Identify capacity gaps
– Develop inception report and draft report
– Define the best monitoring systems, and design/tailor to the needs of the project.
– Undertake process documentation in order to report on progress and provide recommendations for scaling up.
– Develop technical documents including the operations manual, field guides, and monitoring manual.
– Develop and manage the gender-sensitive and inclusive capacity building activities for the project, including the development of training modules for project beneficiaries.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES
The Consultant is required to have the following educational background as well as professional and technical qualifications. The consultant should have a blend of relevant professional experience and background in the following:
– Degree in Law or Social Science, or any other relevant field.
– Demonstrable understanding and knowledge of political sector issues.
– Knowledge in organizational and institutional development.
– Demonstrated knowledge in institutional and political processes and procedures including project planning, reporting, implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
– 5 years of working experience in a similar assignment.
Application Closing Date
8th October 2022. 11:59 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org